Here silicon is used as the material to convert the solar energy into electrical energy. This is was the primitive method used to convert the solar energy into electrical energy. As it posed few drawbacks that makes it unfit to be used at a larger area.
* COST of production of solar cells was too high.
* Even 99.5% pure silicon doesn't provide that efficient solar cells.
* Always requires flat surface for installation.
* And many more
Here we use polymer material instead of silicon, which has wide advantages.
The process is similar to the traditional one, only the material is changed.
* COST of production is very low.
* Easily available, as it is similar to polythene.
* Can be made of any shape and any size, & can be used under any adverse conditions.
* Efficiency is also high, if research is carried on this and it is sure that even our mobile phones will be using battery of this material.
* Mainly it is eco-friendly.
So by using such eco-friendly materials we can save our earth & natural resources.